Martin Ebert

Martin Ebert
Gravestone Marker

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Good Map for the Albany, New York area

I found a good map for the Albany, New York area, circa 1796.  When I learn how to add images I will add this map, until then here is the URL:
http://www.dyasites.com/maps/nysbook/Chapter9b.htm


It is the second map on the page.
Figure 9.2. Detail from Abraham Bradley, A Map of the United States Exhibiting Post Roads & Distances (1796). Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.

This map shows the location of various places that are of interest to tracing the Ebert family in New York.
If you look closely, it gives the distances between towns.  This is the Mohawk Valley.  In 1709 there was an influx of Germans from the Palatinate.  I think our Ebert family probably came in one of the immigrations.  However, I have found very few Ebert records.  Our Ebert could have been one of the Hessian soldiers from the American Revolution.  For now, I am keeping an open mind on our Ebert origins.
Carol H.

No comments:

Post a Comment