Martin Ebert

Martin Ebert
Gravestone Marker

Friday 17 February 2012

1842 Lower Canada (Quebec) Census available at familysearch.org

The 1842 Lower Canada (Quebec) Census is now available at familysearch.org.  It has been indexed, and you can see the actual images.  I have tried searching using the index, and I also searched page by page the images of Ottawa County for Clarendon, Hull, Eardley, and Litchfield townships.  The census only has the head of household, but it gives the number of people living in the household, plus it breaks it down to ages and sex, so there are at least some clues to help ascertain if it is the correct family.

I looked for Martin Ebert and Truman Waller, and did not find them.  As they and their wives are older, they may be included in another household.  Both of these couples died after the 1842 Census was taken so should be there.  I have found several of "our" family.
John Ebert, Thomas Kelly, Charles Thomas, Lydia Lebeau(Lebau), some Murphy's, Noah Holt, Martin Moore, etc. 

Each census entry has 4 pages of information to go through.  As of today, I have only looked for the names.  I will list some of the names (click on the link to go directly to the image).  I have NOT searched for all of the possible descendants of the Ebert and Waller families, so if anyone else finds something I would love to hear from you.  If any of the links don't work, let me know.


Thomas Kelly 1842 Lower Canada Census

John Ebert 1842 Lower Canada Census

Charles Thomas 1842 Lower Canada Census

Martin Moore 1842 Lower Canada Census

Noah Holt 1842 Lower Canada Census

Carol Hutchinson

No comments:

Post a Comment